Wednesday 1 February 2012

Scales, Scales Everywhere

I noticed the other day that my old, clunky kitchen scale wasn't working anymore.  This is a must have tool for anyone who is counting calories.  I'm not the type of person who can eyeball a piece of meat and be able to tell how many ounces it is - I must have my scale!

Yesterday, on the way home from work, I convinced my lovely wife to let me pick up a new one from one of my favorite stores - Bed, Bath and Beyond.  Woohoo!  I did some research earlier that day and discovered they all pretty much did the same thing.  I wanted one that was accurate and easy to clean.  After looking around, we chose this:


It's glass top makes it easy to wipe down with a lysol wipe and displays weights in fractions rather than decimal which is nice.  It also takes "AAA" batteries.  My last one took those strange round ones that you have to go to a special store to find so that's an added bonus.

If you're going to be counting calories, one of these is a must!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Thank you for posting this! I've been thinking about a scale alot this week. I guesstimate even though I know it is bad for me but I hate dishes and using measuring spoons and cups. So an easy to clean and sleek scale would be perfect!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used it several times now and I am quite happy with it. Quick wipe down with a wipe, then paper towel to dry and its good to go again.

      Delete