Sunday 26 February 2012

Time for an Update

So there's only a few things going on this past week.  First and foremost, my wife is going into the hospital tomorrow for a minor procedure so we've taken a few days off work.  I'm not planning on doing any takeouts or unscheduled visits to fast food.  We've been doing quite well with only home cooked meals and brown bagging it for lunch.  This reduction of fast food has been a significant change for us and we're really enjoying making better use of the kitchen.  As for my wife, things should be just fine and we'll probably take it easy on the work outs over the next day or two.

As far as workouts go, I've looked into the Kinect Your Shape game some more and discovered I could repeat routines and select the ones I'm most comfortable with until my body gets a bit more used to moving.  I've been enjoying the rowing machine a little more and am continuously going on that for 20 minutes now with about 10-15 minutes on the Kinect.  I also brought all the pieces of the elliptical into the "workout room" now so I'll be assembling that over the next few days.  I've decided to workout 5 days a week in the mornings before work and rest up on the weekends.  Having a weigh in day on Tuesday's, I'm hoping this will encourage me to keep my weekends in check.

I also picked up a neat tip for keeping count of the number of drinks I have on the weekend because after four or five it becomes quite difficult to keep count for some reason... go figure.  Anyway, I've kept a bunch of bottle caps from my water bottles and plan to use them as tokens of sorts for my weekends.  I can put five or six of them in my pocket and when I have a drink, I have to pay with a bottle cap.  Once I'm out of caps, I have to be done.

Speaking of water, I've been doing very well with drinking around 8 bottles a day for a total of 4 liters a day.  I don't even crave soda pop at all so the only time I see any is on the weekend when I mix some with a shot of rum or vodka.  Even then I only go diet so the calorie intake is quite low and a few once a week isn't going to kill me.  I have added a cup of skim milk in the mornings though just after my workouts to help ensure I'm getting some calcium and other nutrients I may be missing out on from drinking only water all week long.  I've read doing something like milk after a workout can be quite good for you.  We'll see how that goes.

The only thing that's been exciting for me is that as of around Thursday I've lost 25 pounds total (I weigh every morning but only record on Tuesdays) and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll still be at the 25 pound mark for my official weigh in Tuesday.  If I can keep it I'll get the 25 pound badge from the loseit.com site!  WOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment