Sunday 19 February 2012

My Shape?

Starting Tuesday, which is my official weigh in day, I shall start slowly working out.  I've always made the connection between a healthy diet and regular exercise but decided to see what counting calories would do for me.  When I counted said calories, I learned a lot about what I was eating and like many others, was shocked at what I was consuming.  For almost 6 weeks now I've steadily lost weight (almost 25 pounds according to today's weight) and I still eat bacon, chocolate, fries, chips, ice cream, steak and other things.  I've learned all about portion control and understand the difference in eating 16 ounces of beef and 6 ounces of beef. Oddly enough, I've been VERY happy with the portion control and it's been working!


Now I think it's about time to slowly start getting into some sort of exercise plan.  I've decided to get up 15-20 minutes earlier in the mornings starting this Tuesday and try out the Kinect Your Shape game.  It's been sitting in our games room for a while now and it's never been used.  I've done some recent reviews and it seems to be pretty popular.  At least until I get my treadmill, I think this will help.  So, here's my next challenge to myself - Start exercising 4-5 times per week, at 20 minutes per day to start and slowly grow from there to something I can sustain in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment