Thursday 23 February 2012

Ouch!

So I've been getting up extra early each morning to do my new exercise routine.  I decided to start off slow and try out the Your Shape game for the Kinect followed by 15 minutes on the rowing machine.  The first couple of days went pretty well.  I finished the routine each morning, sweating and panting and desperately needing a shower.  I even managed to get a blister on the back of my foot from my runner rubbing against it - My bad for not wearing socks the first day.

This morning the Kinect decided that I was progressing well and it kicked the routine up a notch.  Umm, this is my third day here Mr. Kinect, I can't do those moves!  I tried but failed miserably.  I couldn't stay in sync with the trainer and became frustrated.  Seems to me that it decided to advance me faster than I had liked and I don't see a way to fix that.  I wish it said something like.. Hey, I'd like to advance your routine to the next level, do you agree?  And at least give me an option.. Stupid game.  Anyway, I didn't spend 20 minutes on it like I did previously so I decided to add another 5 minutes to the rowing machine instead.

Tonight I'm going to look through the menus of the game and see if I can figure out how to put more control on what I want to do rather than let it try and make me do moves that a fat guy really shouldn't be doing.

All in all, I'm feeling pretty good about working out and think I'm going to get my elliptical going next.  It's partially in the basement and partially in the garage - some assembly is certainly required.

No comments:

Post a Comment