Tuesday 15 May 2012

WEEK 18 - Injury!

Week 18 | May 15, 2012 | Weight 257.6 | Loss of 2.5 lbs | Total Loss: 53.0

Well the birthday weekend is now long behind and I've picked up the pace again with a great loss.  It would have been a bit more but something happened last week that's been causing me some grief.

After my son's birthday, my wife and I decided to go spoil the kids and get them new desktop computer's (full gaming rigs).  I spent pretty much a whole day assembling and setting them up and I think during the course of that I had injured my Achilles Tendon by sitting too long on it on the floor all day.  As mentioned in my last post, I was in a bit of pain and I could not do any running or workouts.

Since then, I've been moving a lot better but I can still feel that it is not 100%.  I can feel the injury in there even though it isn't preventing me from walking normally like I was before it and I even managed to get in a run.  I'm hoping it returns to normal and I hate not being able to go run without worrying about it.

I decided to setup a doctor's appointment for a physical (which I'm overdue on anyway) and will mention it to him at the same time.  That's scheduled for the 24th so we'll see how that goes.


Eating well is still continuing with not much new in the way of evolution there.  I'm still having chicken breasts for lunch, egg whites with a single omega-3 egg for breakfast and then some lean meat meal for dinner.  We are still making protein bars and I am still chugging a shake each day.  On the exercise front, I've been very slack for the past week which I can feel in my body.  I don't feel as strong and I don't stand as straight as I was.  Maybe it's all in my head, but I don't feel as youthful as I did these past couple of months.  I need to get back at it so starting tonight I hit the weights and tomorrow I pick up my C25K running.  I was almost about to start Week 3.  Hope I don't have to go backward.

No comments:

Post a Comment