Tuesday 8 May 2012

Week 17 - Steady As She Goes

Week 17 | May 8, 2012 | Weight 260.1 | Loss of 0.0 lbs | Total Loss: 50.5

So this is the first week I've not recorded a loss and I'm sort of surprised that I never logged a gain.  Over my son's birthday weekend we had Chinese takeout, high sodium steaks and french fries, pizza, ice cream cake and many more treats.  My wife logged a huge gain this week but with proper flushing, we should be able to take care of that pretty quick.

On the party front, it was a pretty good success and we had a great time at Laser Tag.  We then decided on a whim to go buy both kids their own computers.  They love playing some kids games and surfing youtube videos and always bug to use mine and my wife's computer or bugging me to unpack my laptops and use those so we just said, the hell with it.  They have computer desks in their rooms with nothing on them so may as well make use of them.  Needless to say, they went ape shit when they saw them LOL.

I continued yesterday with my C25K and somewhere along the lines between that and putting together the kids computers, I really hurt my Achilles heel - That's the tendon right above the heel and below the calf.  It's been hurting like a biatch all night and I could barely walk today.  I'll be taking it easy this week and slowing down the workouts until this feels better.

On a sad note, my wife had a death in the family that really struck home with her.  We took some time off in order to grieve and ponder the mortality of us all.  At only 28 years old, it was quite a shock and a loss for a wonderful family.  Steven, you will be remembered always.  May you rest in peace.

1 comment:

  1. Thoughts will be with you as you process Steven's passing.

    Good job maintaining!

    ReplyDelete