Thursday 15 March 2012

Water Update

I thought it was time I did an update on my fluid intake.  As mentioned previously, I've been able to completely eliminate all other forms of fluid from my diet except for the weekends where I'll partake in a few rum and diet pepsi (caffeine free) to keep my calories low.

It's been quite successful and I have come to just naturally reach for a bottle of water now.  We used to buy three and four cases of pepsi in the past but the stuff isn't even in the house anymore.  My fridge space is now occupied by water bottles and I keep 3 full 18 liter water tanks nearby for our water cooler.  My current water intake is about 7-8 500 ml bottles each day now.

I asked myself in the past would I actually come to enjoy drinking water?  The answer is still no, but it's more of a sub-conscience choice to just drink it at this point.  I no longer have to force it down and I don't miss the other drinks at all.  Come to think of it, I don't miss any of the old bad habits - like fast food.  I am happy to say I am on the right track at this stage in the game.

The kids are drinking water and milk exclusively now - we keep only skim milk around as it's low in fat compared to the others yet still has plenty of calcium and other milk goodness for the kids.  Heck, we even gave the kids their choice for takeout as a treat tonight vs a home cooked meal, and they actually chose the home cooked meal.  3 months ago, that would have been unheard of!

1 comment:

  1. I'm one of the lucky ones. It's no effort to get in my water for the day. In fact, sometimes I think I drink way to much, but it's good for the skin!!

    ReplyDelete