Thursday 19 January 2017

WEEK 1 - Great Start

WEEK 1   January 10, 2017  |  Weight: 319.6 lbs   Loss of 8.0 lbs

Wow what a fantastic loss.  I got a little scared at the start of this week because the day after my weigh in I gained 3 pounds, but that quickly disappeared and I started on my track of losing it.  Like back in 2012, I am counting my calories as closely as possible.  I'm not overly concerned at this stage about what I'm actually eating as long as I'm counting calories and sticking to my daily limit.

I've always held the notion that there are two aspects to food during a lifestyle change and that is losing weight and eating healthy.  Both are great goals to have but they can be mutually exclusive.  One can eat healthy and gain weight and on the other side of the coin, one can lose weight and eat poorly.


Given I failed at both, I'm focused on fixing one right away and gradually into fixing the other.  If I try to calorie restrict and eat healthy at the same time, I am setting myself up for failure because the system shock alone will be painful.  So for now, I will restrict my calories but continue to eat the foods I love in controlled portions.

No comments:

Post a Comment