Sunday 8 April 2012

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone!  It's been a good Easter for me and my family so far.  On Thursday, my wife and I had a date night and we ate out at Boston Pizza.  We overate, drank too much and I had over 5000 mg of sodium in me.  Yikes!  As predicted, the next day I shot up almost 2 pounds, but gradually came back down as I flushed and the days went by.

My wife and I were thinking of a better way to celebrate Easter for the kids rather than giving them hordes of chocolate.  Normally, we have an Easter egg hunt with little chocolate mini eggs.  Because of our new lifestyle change, we decided to go a different route.  Instead of having little chocolate eggs, we picked up about 200 plastic eggs and put a 25 cent piece in each one.  The kids LOVED it!  They made a bunch of money and didn't miss the chocolate at all.  Of course we DID buy them a chocolate bunny each but this is the first year we had a significant reduction in chocolate around the house and it's working out well!

My wife has also officially registered for her first 5 km run.  She has entered the Starbucks Run for Women.  I set up a domain name to her sponsor page which I thought was neat.  It is http://www.roxysrunforwomen.com

She was quite pleased.

I also decided to try my hand at the C25K on the treadmill.  I found it was easier than I originally thought.  Of course everyone says running on the treadmill is easier than running outside but you have to start small and slowly.  I'll keep that up.

I picked up an Olympic Easy Curl barbell with some weight plates to go along with my workout room weights which I started in on last night.  I swear my muscles haven't been that sore in years so I know I must have done something right.  Mind you, I'm not replacing my normal cardio routines with weight lifting, I just added it to the regimen 3 times a week.

I was quite beat by it and learned I have a long way to go before I can do a single unassisted pull up, but oddly enough, I was able to get the push-ups in better than I thought.  The lunges seemed easy when I started them, but after two sets... Ow.  LOL.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to the wife on her first 5k! Mine is coming up in a little less than 2 weeks.... I'm not nervous for the distance, just everything else!

    Good luck you two!

    ReplyDelete