|Homemade Protein Bars|
We also wanted to control what ingredients went into the bars without any extra chemicals and with the price of store bought bars being pretty out there, homemade is the way to go. These will satisfy your chocolate craving and make for a fantastic treat.
Ingredients - Dry
2 Cups Rolled Oats
1 Cup Protein Powder (Chocolate Whey Isolate)
1/3 Cup Dried Cranberries
1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds
1/2 Tablespoon Cinnamon
Instructions - Dry
1. Mix all of the above dry ingredients into a large bowl.
Ingredients - Wet
1/4 Cup Organic Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Unpasteurized Honey
1/4 Cup Skim Milk
1/4 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Cube 70% Dark Chocolate (Cut into small pieces)
Instructions - Wet
1. Mix all of the wet ingredients above into a microwave proof bowl, including the chocolate
2. Put in microwave oven for 30 seconds.
3. Remove and Stir. If chocolate hasn't melted, repeat step 2.
4. Once chocolate is soft and mixable, stir entire wet bowl contents into dry bowl contents.
Instructions - Final
1. Put a large piece of wax paper into a 8" x 8" square baking pan.
2. Spray Pam into the wax paper.
3. Pour mixture into baking pan and spread.
4. Press down with hands or rubber spatula (mixture will be sticky)
5. Refrigerate until chilled.
6. Remove from fridge, turn pan upside down and peel wax paper off.
7. Cut into 12 equal bars.
8. Place bars into sandwich bags and store in fridge. They will hold for about a week.
Eat as a snack or eat 2 for a meal replacement with plenty of protein. Each bar has the following nutritional values:
Fat: 5.7 g
Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
Cholesteral: 0.9 mg
Sodium: 37 mg
Carbs: 22.2 g
Fiber: 1.9 g
Sugars: 10.1 g
Protein: 9.6 g
|Mixing Dry Ingredients|
|Mixing all Ingredients|
|Fill your square pan|
|Press Mixture Into Pan|
|After Refrigerating, remove from pan|
|Cut into 12 equal bars|