Friday 25 January 2013

WEEK 55 - On My Way

Week 55 | January 25, 2013 | Weight 265.2 | Loss of 2.2 lbs | Total Loss: 45.4

I am well on my way once again with my weight loss journey.  I can't believe it's been a year since I started hitting this hard.  There have been many lessons learned, a couple of stalls and one out right screw up but I'm happy to say that things are on their way once again.  I'm now about 10 pounds heavier than I was at the start of Christmas and I'm about 19 pounds heavier than my lightest weight last summer.   My short term goal is to get back to my lightest weight before the end of Spring and then stay on track right through the summer.


There were two major events that occurred last year that have caused me to fluctuate so much.  The first is summer vacation.  It was 2 weeks of not tracking anything, pretty much pig out on whatever we wanted.  I only gained a few pounds from this but the major problem was after the vacation, I just ended up maintaining my weight.  My desire to run and workout disappeared and I sort of just fluctuated within a 10 pound range right up till Christmas.  What's disheartening is that I pretty much didn't make good use of the last 6 months of last year with losing anything.

Then came December and everything went out the window.  I think we had maybe 11 home cooked meals the entire month and the first week of January.  I actually started to really feel like garbage at the end of that as well.  So here we are once again.  Happily I didn't gain back everything I lost last year so hopefully I can get back to my lightest weight in short order.  I won't say I regret everything that happened with my diet and exercise.  Not only did I get to eat a few things I really enjoy but I also learned some valuable lessons in that a couple times a year I can certainly indulge but I must do so in moderation.  A smorgasbord of a meal on a particular weekend is not a problem at all, as long as it's only a few times a year are not weekly or even daily (like this past Christmas season).

So let's get to this!  A total loss of 14 pounds over the past few weeks (yes I know most of which was sodium and water from Xmas) makes for a great head start.


No comments:

Post a Comment